Whole30 compliant carne asada fries? 400 calories? Can this really be true?
This is the second time around that I’m doing Whole30 and I wanted to experiment more with some recipes. I spent a great amount of time scrolling through blogs and figuring out what items were Whole30 compliant. One of the things I miss most while on Whole30 is cheese, so I looked up some cheese alternatives I could try out. Upon discovering Siete Foods Cashew Queso, I realized that I could attempt a new recipe! One of my most craved late night foods is carne asada fries, so I attempted to make my own rendition of easy/cheat/lower calorie carne asada fries! And yes, to my surprise, they came out amazing.
An order of carne asada fries where I’m from usually consists of french fries (duh), carne asada, beans, sour cream, guacamole, and cheese. Because of Whole30, I have to omit the beans, sour cream, and cheese. But thanks to Siete Foods, I didn’t have to omit the cheese! This recipe is fairly easy so let’s break it down step by step!
Serving Size: 2 | 386 calories per serving (according to MyFitnessPal)
Oven baked french fries
– Sheet Pan
– Parchment paper or foil
– 2 medium sized russet potatoes
– Avocado oil
– Salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder
– Preheat the oven to 425F
– Peel and cut potatoes into french fry shape
– Pat potatoes dry with paper towel (the more dry the less soggy)
– In a bowl, toss french fries with light avocado oil and seasonings. Mix well
– Place parchment paper or crinkled aluminum foil on sheet pans
– Separate fries onto sheet pans evenly
– Bake for 20 mins on one side
– Flip them over and bake for another 15-18 mins
Carne asada meat
– Stove top
– 6 oz skirt steak or boneless chuck steak (per serving)
– Half of a lime
– Salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder
– Pre-slice the steak into bite sized cubes
– In a bowl, marinade with the seasonings and lime juice. Mix well
– On medium heat, cook the steak to your liking
Siete Foods Cashew Queso
You can grab this at any Whole Foods! I microwaved 2 tbsps for 25 seconds to warm it up. Stir it before pouring on top of your fries.
– 2 small avocados
– 1/2 of a roma tomato
– 1/4 of a white onion
– 1/2 of a lime
– Salt and pepper
– Dice the avocados, tomato, onion, and cilantro
– Throw it together in a bowl and add the lime juice
– Add in 1 tsp each of salt and pepper
– Mix well
Watch me make it in my vlog:
Thanks for taking the time to read this through! Share your pictures with me if you decide to try this recipe out! If any of the instructions aren’t clear, let me know in the comments.