Week 7 has been quite a breeze! I’ve been incredibly busy redesigning my portfolio, updating my resume, and looking into going back to school, so it’s been a lot easier not needing to think about what my next meal is going to be. I’ve also bought new containers to prep my snacks for the week as well.
This week’s preps were simple as usual, ingredients were either fresh or just baked in the oven. I decided to go for ground turkey with sweet potatoes/red potatoes and asparagus for lunch and a simple chicken salad for dinner. Most of the seasoning was the simple salt and pepper to taste, so I’ll just be listing the instructions for recipes this week.
– Bake chicken breast at 375 for 30 mins
– Dice tomatoes, zucchini, and avocados into cubes
– Mix vegetables in with 50/50 spring & spinach mix
– Squeeze fresh lemon juice to preserve freshness
– Let chicken rest, then cut into slices
– Add on top of salad mix
– Add side of Italian dressing in separate container for later use
– Prepare ground turkey on stove top (like ground beef)
– Bake asparagus at 375 for 15 mins
– Bake red potatoes/sweet potatoes at 375 for 30 mins
*Baking tip: convert all of your recipes to bake at the same temperature for convenience! Set your timer according to each recipe.